Saturday 2 April 2016

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome, I thought I'd put this blog together to let people know that with help and support you can turn your life around.
richard watson weight watchers weightwatchers cardiff the vale

I'm Richard, I'm 41 and I have a eight year old son. I have a full time job as well as running my own business part-time and the leader of local Cub Scout pack. In my spare time I am on a board of directors for local charity and just started training to be a Weight Watchers Leader.

Over the past twenty years I've worked my way up the corporate ladder in hospitality and have been privileged to work along side and serve celebrities, royalty, who at the end of the day are just like us and have the same problems to deal with. Now I work in with the youth of today and our future leaders.

Three years ago at over 23 stone in a size 48 inch trousers and low self esteem, I fell asleep at a set of traffic lights and was then diagnosed with diabetes. After making small changes in my diet compounded over two years it helped me lose 3 stone.

Then life decided to challenge me with redundancy.  Whilst out of full time work, this is where I started my own business.  I finally found full time work late 2014, just in time for Christmas but family life was stressed and strained, not a solid unit.

In 2015 I told myself was a year of change and things would be better, setting goals for the year.
  • Be happier
  • Grow business to next level
  • Help more people / personal development
  • Lose weight
  • As this was my 40th year, I wanted to have a new car.
The earlier part of the year my son's mum and I separated which brought challenges of access and communication.  Later on in the year I was introduced to the Weight Watchers plan and found it really easy to follow.  I shall write a full post to talk about my full weight loss journey but for now I am proud to say that to date I have lost 64lbs since September 2015.

I want to update this blog regularly and look forward to sharing tips, hints and recipes along the way and updating my journey in life.

Follow my Facebook page for regular updates. I'm also on Instagram and Twitter search for @wwrichardwatson

No comments:

Post a Comment